Purpose:The principal goals of the Debris Management (DM) Strategy are to:
- maintain a land base that will produce caribou habitat with a continuous natural canopy
- minimize the reductions in productive forest land base
- utilize debris for bio-energy feedstock (bio-fuel) where markets allow
- respect social considerations by reducing visual impacts where possible
- successfully and effectively regenerate in accordance with Silvicultural Ground Rules (SGRs).
Scope:This procedure is to be applied to all current harvest operations, commencing April 1, 2015. The following procedures will be applied to all legacy harvest areas where deemed necessary by the Silviculture Forester through Debris Management surveys
Download This Document